On Wednesday, Notarize announced it is opening up its software to independent notaries to use for remote online notarizations. In May, notaries in Washington and Tennessee will be the first states allowed to utilize the software. By the end of the year, 32 other RON-approved states notaries will be able to use the software for their transactions. This is coming about due to Notarize decision to create a platform to help notaries “convert their business and relationships to a digital platform that will set them up for success in tomorrow’s economy. In 2020, we saw the need for digital tools that allow business and life to keep moving forward safely and securely, and we know that’s what notaries need now, and into the future” according to Ashley Spiess, Notarize senior director of operations and strategy.
Notarize will provide training and support to those who download and use the software. They have created the “Notarize Academy training program” to help users feel confident in conducting transactions remotely.
Are you interested in joining their platform?
Here is some information according to their website to get you started.
If you are a notary located in Tennessee or Washington;
- Understand and collect the required documentation by your state and the Notarize Platform to join. Check out our Compliance Hub where we’ve done all the research for you. Having this information ready enables you to quickly get started (within 72 hours) once this is available!
- Head to our Notary Webpage and sign up at the bottom of the page for our waitlist. When you register you’ll receive exclusive next steps & updates over the next few weeks. Plus receive your exclusive invitation to join when this launches in early May.
- Start sharing your plans to add RON to your business offering with your customers and business partners. Questions on how to position yourself & the benefits? Check out our Building & Developing Your Remote Notary Business session from our Rewired Conference and look for more content to come.
If you are a notary located in any other state:
- Join our waitlist at the bottom of the page, raise your hand virtually in interest & stay up to date on all available options and the progress of delivering that to your state.
- Check out our Notary Webpage for options we may have available to get yourself started with RON today. Understand and collect the required documentation by your state and the Notarize Platform to join. Check out our Compliance Hub where we’ve done all the research for you. Having this information ready enables you to quickly get started (within 72 hours) once this is available in your state! *If we have yet to cover your state, check your state SOS page for direction and resources.
- Be an ambassador of RON, follow your state legislative efforts & drive community interest.