Currently, we (JobTracks) have an immediate opening for an experienced Escrow Officer interested in being the Closer for each transaction that crosses your desk. You enjoy auditing files to ensure all required documents have been received. You have a passion for numbers and balancing with the lender when drafting Closing Disclosures. Interacting with customers is an art that you’ll refine as you work with buyers, sellers, agents, lenders and notaries across each transaction.
You’ll own the escrow closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title insurance requirements, and other written instructions. Understanding the escrow process to determine what steps are needed to transfer title is integral to this process. You’ll prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing. High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and focus on deadlines will determine your success in this role.
· Responsible for effectively managing the real estate closing transaction for insuring title insurance. This position requires the Escrow Officer to exercise independent judgment and to possess the knowledge and experience necessary to efficiently handle situations which may arise during the closing process.
· Manage the real estate closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions.
· Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions.
· Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, lis pendens, etc.
· Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing.
· Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the issuance of title insurance.
· Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys.
· Assist customers and clients with closing related questions.
· Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct.
· Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest.
· Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions.
· Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have been paid correctly.
· Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct acknowledgements, legal, and lien information.
· When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow assistants in the real estate transaction process.
· Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future real estate closing transactions.
· Correspond with lenders, builders, real estate agents and attorneys as needed.
· Good client relations and organizational skills.
· Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information.
· Strong communication, both verbal and written.
· Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers.
· Notary public or be bondable is preferred.
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry.
· Prior Escrow Officer/Closer experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of Resware, SoftPro or Ramquest and Microsoft Office applications.
· High School diploma or GED required.·
$52,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Commission Pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Closing: 3 years (Required)
- Clearing Title: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote