Settlement Officer – New York
- Full Time
Tier One Settlement Agency
Amsterdam, NY (remote in New York)
Tier One Settlement Agency, LLC, managed by publicly traded underwriter. Title Insurance Company, is seeking a customer service-oriented Settlement Officer to add to our team. Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail and solid communications skills are a must! This position has flexibility to be onsite, hybrid, or remote, but must reside in New York or have experience with NY closings.
- Two years training and experience in New York real estate closings REQUIRED.
- Valid NY Notary License and experience with settlement production software a plus.
- Experience analyzing documents recorded in connection with routine real estate transactions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, organize workload, and maintain accurate files.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Coordinate all aspects of the closing function and attend closings.
- Prepare and edit settlement statements/closing disclosures.
- Process and coordinate closing files and collect all requirements at closing.
- Balance file with lenders and prepare necessary closing documents.
- Perform all post-closing functions, make payoffs, and record documents.
- Communicate with Agency Operations Officer regarding work volumes, customer issues, and production.
- Medical Insurance with a free plan option (and other options for employees and their family members)
- Dental and vision insurance (free for employees)
- 401K + employer contribution + profit share
- Maternity and adoption leave
- Employer provided life insurance and long-term disability
Investors Title Management Services, LLC (ITMS) is a strong and growth-oriented title insurance provider. It was established as part of Investors Title Company and Affiliates National Markets program. This agency is managed by Investors Title Management Services (ITMS), a subsidiary of Investors Title Company. Recognized as an industry leader, we provide residential and commercial title insurance and innovative business solutions for our partners. Working here, you’ll find a dynamic and supportive culture, excellent training and development, a variety of career paths, work/life balance, and excellent benefits.