Join our team as a Remote Online Notary! First American’s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances, and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services, and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Job Summary For Remote Online Notary
Under direction from Escrow Officers/Escrow Branch Managers, verifies a signer and documents provided using audio-visual technology.
- Review and verify signer’s identity according to the applicable commissioning state’s requirements.
- Notarize and record documents using approved audio-visual and online technology.
- Refer all questions or concerns to Escrow Officers. This position will not offer advice on processes or procedures.
- Provide a wide range of support within a functional area.
- Follow processes and procedures in daily activities, and troubleshoot as needed.
Complexity & Impact
- Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks. Work is routine
- Instructions may be detailed for new assignments
Supervision Given/Level of Instruction given
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Works under supervision applying established techniques, procedures or specific standards
- Work may be reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of department/field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Establishes effective working relationships at the work group level
- High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses or Certificates
- Must be a Notary Public
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-2 years related experience reviewing and notarizing documents
- Possess basic real estate/escrow/title terminology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.