ONE is seeking to hire a Legal Operations Lead to add to their team. They are on a mission to help people save and grow their money, in order to live better. Today, people are getting by instead of getting ahead. Most use 5-7 apps to manage their financial lives, leaving them feeling disconnected from their money – and stressed. Moreover, 2 out of 3 people have no emergency savings and pay over $250 in overdraft fees each year.
We’re building ONE for people to manage their finances in one place, reduce financial stress, and focus on the things that matter most.
We’re seeking folks who are hungry, humble, and honest and ready to build a financial product that directly addresses the financial needs of those who need it most.
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, forward-looking Legal Operations Lead to help identify, develop, implement, and continuously improve new scalable processes and workflows across the Legal team and for our business partners. This role reports directly to our Head of Employment and Legal Ops.
This role is responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a multi-year process improvement and technology roadmap for the Legal team. This involves partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure those priorities become reality.
- Working collaboratively to identify areas of improvement for legal workflows and processes, and propose and implement solutions.
- Managing vendor relationships with our legal technology services providers.
- Staying abreast of latest legal technology developments and assess capabilities of solutions relevant to areas such as contract management, content management, IP management, policy management, business process management, e-signature, board management, e-discovery, compliance management, and subsidiary management.
- Defining appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the team’s performance and efficiency.
- Helping establish personnel management processes, such as attorney onboarding, training and staffing processes to realize organizational efficiencies.
- Working closely with our Corporate and Compliance teams to continuously improve internal and external commercial contracting processes.
- 6+ years of relevant legal operations experience (can be a combination of corporate paralegal experience in a major law firm and an in-house legal department experience); experience with growth stage companies and complex project management helpful
- The Triple H Factor: Humble, Hungry and Honest
- An act-like-an-owner mentality. We have a bias toward taking action.
- Notary Public commission is a plus
- Experience in technology change management, project management, business process management, and system implementation
- Proficiency in the use and implementation of e-billing, vendor contract management software, knowledge management, and electronic signature tools; experience with Ironclad is a plus
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization, including executives
Working @ ONE
Join us! We hire talented people across the US (remote) and near our collaborative work spaces in New York (Tribeca), Sacramento, and Oakland. Everyone’s work preferences are different but here’s what’s true across all of our teams: we ruthlessly prioritize, we work asynchronously (meetings are a last resort), and we’re excited about starting small over perfect.
- Competitive cash (we don’t discount based on location)
- Benefits effective on day one
- Early access to a high potential, high growth fintech
- Generous stock option packages in an early-stage startup
- Remote friendly (anywhere in the US) and office friendly (you pick the schedule)
- Flexible time off programs
- 401(k) plan with match
Inclusion & Belonging
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. Email email@example.com with any questions.