Full Job Description
Court reporting is a $5B+ industry in the United States, with demand steadily increasing and a growing shortage of qualified court reporters available. Parrot is addressing this critical gap in the market by bringing technology to modernize remote proceedings and the transcription process. The result is remote proceedings that are more effective and convenient, and transcriptions that are delivered faster, more accurately and with functionality that saves our customers time and money. Today, law firms, insurance companies, law enforcement and leading corporations rely on Parrot for depositions, examinations under oath, and hearings.
Why Join Us?
We are looking for an experienced court reporter to work with Parrot for 30 hours per week, with the potential to join full time in the future. The Court Reporting Specialist will primarily moderate remote proceedings but also take on project work to help scale our digital reporter operations. When moderating our remote events, digital reporters’ primary responsibility is to ensure the event goes smoothly – our court reporters do not need to transcribe proceedings, and they enjoy the flexibility of working from home. In addition to moderating proceedings, the Court Reporting Specialist will work closely with Parrot’s internal teams to help onboard, train and oversee our growing team of digital reporters. Our team is small, agile and highly collaborative. This is a unique opportunity for someone to help move our industry forward while growing their skillset outside court reporting for a fast growing technology company.
- Lead remote proceedings and conduct the oath and affirmation of the witness
- Moderate proceedings, ensuring parties speak clearly and don’t talk over each other
- Provide read-backs from the real time transcript when requested
- Assist with onboarding and supporting our growing team of digital reporters
- Sit in on remote depositions to support digital reporters under training
- Develop scripts, FAQs, and other training materials
- Florida Notary public license
- Previous working experience as a court reporter
- Knowledge of legislation and court processes related to court reporting matters
- Familiarity with modern software such as Zoom and Google Chrome
- Growth mindset to learn new skills and work with new technology
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Eagerness to collaborate and innovate alongside a small, fast moving team
Who We Are
We are a small, fast growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. We’ve been remote first from the beginning, well before COVID. We value flexibility and work life balance – our focus is delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, we’d love to connect.
Job Type: Contract
- Monday to Friday