Commercial Title Closer (Remote)
- Full Time
Commonwealth Agency, Inc. is looking for a closer who is experienced in closing commercial transactions.
Title Closers are responsible for clearing title pre-closing; coordinating with buyers, sellers and lenders; preparing closing documents and settlement statements; scheduling and conducting the closing; issuing title policies, recording documents, making appropriate disbursements associated with the settlement process and resolving post-closing issues.
Commercial Closer Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Review and clear title.
- Communicate with lenders, buyers, borrowers, and their legal counsel to ensure accurate transactions that are in a position to close on the parties’ chosen closing date.
- Identify and resolve any underwriting issues with the underwriter.
- Prepare/assemble closing packages for buyers, sellers and borrowers.
- Process all tasks necessary to close commercial title transactions, including reviewing invoices and payoffs, preparing settlement statements, posting receipts and disbursing files.
- Attend closings in Commonwealth Agency’s office or at locations requested by the transaction parties.
- Close transactions by mail.
- Prepare recordings and balance Simplifile.
- Prepare wire transfers.
- Prepare final title policies.
- Resolve post-closing matters.
- Other duties as required.
Commercial Closer Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- US Work authorization (Required)
- Paralegal certificate or college degree preferred.
- Must be a commissioned Notary or have ability to become a Notary within 90 days.
- Title License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years commercial title closing experience of a comparable nature.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence outcomes through effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective customer service experience to a diverse audience to enhance service.
- Title industry software experience, E-Closing preferred ; experience with MS Office Suite.Employment Type: **
Full Time/Exempt Status
VP and Underwriting Counsel
$65k – $75k based on experience
Commonwealth Agency offers a competitive salary:
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include: comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, short term disability; 401k and more!
Commonwealth Agency is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. In addition, Commonwealth
Agency will reasonably accommodate known disabilities of employees and qualified applicants unless such accommodation would impose undue hardship on the Commonwealth Agency operation.
$65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift